On 26 August 2010, under the kind arrangement of my KL counterpart, I manage to have my 1st ever interview on Malaysia radio. I was introduced as the Dating Coach from Singapore, who will also be on the Singles Cruise Asia from 6-10 Dec, 2010, set sail from Singapore.
The radio station looks very much like an original office from the outside as you can see from the picture. There is no security counter or pre-arrangement of NRIC verification like Singapore’s mediacorp.
BFM launched in September 2008, and is a 24‐hour independent radio station focused on business news and current affairs. Core programmes include the latest business news and stock market reports from Malaysia and other financial centres, interviews with business personalities, financial analysts, entrepreneurs, technologists and marketers.
BFM also offers business education programmes spanning areas like marketing, finance, technology and business productivity to raise the management proficiency of the Malaysian business and professional community.
BFM targets business executives, business owners, investors and people who aspire to personal and professional success. There is no specific age target as this audience spans all adult age groups. It is their interest in success that defines the listenership, not their age.
- Falling in love, getting married and companionship is quite important to many. You’ve met many people from different places. Enlighten us on the differences in dating mindsets between Malaysia and Singapore, for example.
- What are some of the indications that one is ready to date?
- How does one start looking for a date?
- What are some of the best places to meet potential candidates?
- What are your thoughts on Internet Dating?
- With that, I’m sure everyone has a set of expectations / criteria for someone they’d like to date. And for those who are single, I am sure they are often being told that they have “high” expectations. What are your thoughts on balancing expectations and being realistic?
- How about those who are just comfortable with text messages during this modern era? Is that acceptable as a basis for dating and getting to know someone? After all, some profess to be better communicators when not confronted face-to-face. What do you think?
- Speaking of shy, for those who are painfully shy, talking to someone of the opposite sex can be such a painstaking task. What are some conversation starters?
- Tell us about appearance. When meeting someone for the first time, should someone go all out to dress to impress? What if that person isn’t the dressy sort, or not one who enjoys wearing makeup or high heels? Would that person lose out in any way?
- What are some warning signs that indicate one should not continue dating the other party – for oneself and also for the other party?
- How honest should one be when dating? What are no-no topics and how should one handle oneself if he or she chooses not to disclose certain information e.g. how many ex-es?
- We could on and on about dating, so in summary, what are some effective dating tips for men?