I have never thought i will be on this journey. i.Dental Invisalign came to me at a time i needed it most. To tell its story, i must tell you mine.
What is i.Dental Invisalign and how does it work?
- i.Dental Invisalign is a new approach to having straighter teeth, utilizing a custom-made series of aligners created exclusively for any individual.
- These aligner trays are made of sleek, comfortable and near-invisible plastic that you wear over your teeth.
- Wearing these aligners will gradually and gently shift your teeth into the desired place (approx. 0.25mm per month), based on the exact movements your dentist or orthodontist plans out for you.
- Unlike traditional braces, there are no cold metal brackets to attach and no unsightly wires to tighten.
- You just change into a new set of aligners approximately every two weeks, until the end of your treatment period (ranging from 6 months to 24 months)
- With i.Dental Invisalign, anyone achieve a great smile with little interference in their daily life.
- The most intriguing part about the whole process is that most people won’t even know you’re straightening your teeth.
Where does i.Dental Invisalign come from?
- It is proprietary system from America. It uses the state of the art computer animation known as Clin-check to analyze your teeth problems and propose solution. The solution road map will form the blueprint to manufacture the aligners for you.
- The laboratory in the States can produce more than 80,000 pairs of aligners a day. It is the largest mass customization laboratory in the world.
Why do I want to go through this treatment at almost 50?
Childhood – During my childhood years, my mother took great care in removing every single tooth which were about to fall out. This is done not to hamper the growth of the adult teeth. Generally speaking, my teeth were considered straight and neat. The only black spot was I had this funny habit of pushing the inner side of my upper set of teeth with my tongue. I have done this almost throughout my life and this has eventually caught up with me.
Habit – In the adult years, my teeth has progressively moved outward for the last 35 years. My facial shape has been affected by the structure of my teeth. I cannot possibly wear braces as it will affect my inside of the mouth and it will also affect the way i speak. For my profession as a speaker; braces will be a nightmare publicly. It will be awful for speakers like us to face thousands and be smiling confidently in front of camera all the time.
Image – I am an image conscious person; anyone whose job requires you to stand in front of people every day will understand my situation. Private bankers, insurance agents, property agents, trainers, trainers, customer service staff, bank tellers, etc. Most friends say I have a great smile. Little did they know I dislike most of my photographs taken while I am speaking on platform or even training. The jaws seems awkward and I look even worse when i am not smiling.
Check out this video on SMILING to Improve Your Chance of Love and Success -
Longevity – The more I invest on my teeth now, the longer I get to keep them. If healthcare is to be taken seriously, dental care must be part of it. Of course, i must develop good dental hygiene habit from now. Life is never too late to begin somewhere. I still want my teeth to be around functioning well when i grow really old.
Did you notice how odd my jaw are below?
Who is most experienced and reliable Dentist in Singapore?
To get the best dental care for i.Dental Invisalign, you must see the most qualified and experienced dentist in the practice. He should be someone who completed the most number of cases in a year compared to this peers. His clinic must be Invisalign Platinium Elite for at least 5 years. Only Dr Cheng Eng Wah from i.Dental Surgeons has won the Best Individual award for 2013 and Invisalign Platinium Elite Award for the last 5 years. Check them out on Facebook
Dr Cheng Eng Wah is also a frequent guest on press and media since 2010
I need to trust a clinic who believe in investing into the future too, i.Dental Surgeons will be the only invisalign Centre of Excellence in Singapore from Jun 2014 onwards. They will be having a new clinic at 168 Robinson Road,#09-13, Capital Tower. S069812.
How reliable is Invisalign?
- More than 9,000,000 people from 50 countries have used it with a satisfaction rate of more than 90%
- Even celebrities have tried it
- One even sing about it
How much does it cost?
A down payment of $800 will be collected when brackets are first placed. An additional $1500 will be collected from Invisalign patient when first aligners are issued. The remaining amount can be paid via installment on a monthly basis. Credit card 0% installment is available too. Initial consultation fee is $20 to $60 depending on duration of consultation. Should you decide to proceed, we will do an assessment of your teeth that includes consultation, taking X-rays, photos and study model. The cost is $220 excluding GST.
For the rest of the payment plan, please visit – http://www.identalbraces.com.sg/#cost
How is it different from traditional braces?
- Removable – Flexibility to remove for food and brushing of teeth
- Invisible – no one knows unless you say it
- Comfort level – Smooth versus wires poking and irritate the mouth
- No restriction – Eat without restriction
I believe in it so much that I even tell my friends about it on my birthday! Click on the poster below and check out another blog post on STYLE, SMILE & SUCCESS on 20 Feb 2014
Part 2 of my journey will be focus on the details of my treatment from first appointment on 2 Jan 2014
Just for the fun of it
Guys, which problem do you think I am having before invisalign treatment? Mention me on Twitter (@ideasandrew) and hashtag #idental #invisalign followed by the number below.
- Crowding : Too many teeth over too little space
- Spacing : Too much gaps in between teeth
- Overjet : upper set of teeth is more protruding than the lower
- Underbite : lower set of teeth is more protruding than the upper counterpart
- Deep bite : With a deep bite the upper teeth cover the lower teeth. The lower teeth can come up so far behind the front teeth that the patient is biting onto their gums
- Cross bite : In a “normal” jaw structure, the teeth of the upper jaw are slightly outside the lower jaw.
I bet you have never seen some of these problems which could happen to a childPin It