What’s your top 10 moments in 2010?
Before you set new resolutions for 2011, it is always wonderful to reflect on the year and celebrate every wonderful moments so that we can grow from strength to strength.
My very best Top 10 Most Memorable Moments in 2010 are:
10. “The backup Plan” movie launch
On 29 April, Sony Pictures and my company (Table For Six) jointly organized the Back up Plan Movie and Dinner event. Our company conducted a survey on Singapore’ ladies’ backup plans should they remain single for the rest of their lives. The results were insightful and the press/media given us a lot of coverage.
9. Authorised Training Provider for NCSS
In early Jun, I was informed by National Council of Social Service (NCSS) that I am granted the status to be the Authorised Training Providers for Charitable organisation and VWOs under the VCF Training Grant. I created courses:
- Developing a Winning Social Media Strategy for NPOs
- Social Branding for NPOs
- Getting Sponsorship for VWOs and Publicity for Business
- Coaching and Developing your Volunteers
8. Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment – Certification.
From 9 Apr till 15 June, I took 6 modules, get through the assessments under Singapore National Employers Federation (SNEF). With this Advanced Certificate, I am able to Develop, Train and Assess courses under WSQ framework from WDA.
7. Singles Cruise Asia
Many people would have heard of Dating@Sea since 2007 where it is only open to singles from Singapore. It was all along done with Star Cruises as our cruise partner. Finally from 6-10 Dec, the 1st ever Singapore-Malaysia social event (Single Cruise Asia), a 5D/4N cruise on Royal Caribbean’s Legend of the Seas was organised.
6. Interviewed by Ian Wright for Discovery Channel
It’s not everyday you get to be interviewed by a host from a international media, much more a international celebrity host – Ian Wright. He was in Singapore in May to do a special 10-part episode on Singapore. At the very last part, there is always the angle of singlehood issue in Singapore. I was contacted to create a social event where his team can film the entire event with interviews about myself and some of my participants.
5. Marrying Charity with Art
I had always wanted to do my bid for charity in forging strategic alliance between charities and business entities. I am glad in 2010 I have helped my good friend Ocean Wang to launch her career by painting 3 portraits of F1 drivers : Lewis Hamilton, Fernando Alonso and Mark Webber. The Alonso portrait was successful auctioned silently for $4000 in the charity dinner of Lutheran Community Care Services (LCCS) with the kind planning and organising service of Annie Chan.
Ocean’s blog – www.oceantheartist.wordpress.com. The Hand over ceremony is done on 24 Nov
4. 938live guest speaker for Positive Business Minute
3. 1st Malaysia media exposure
Though I have enjoyed more than 120 media and press interview and coverage of myself, business or events in Singapore and international main media, Malaysia was not one of them. This changed in August where I was invited to be interviewed on Malaysia radio BFM 89.9. From then on, i enjoyed 4 weeks of NTV 7 Breakfast show as a regular guest, 2 Newspaper features about being a Dating Coach for Singles Cruise Asia
- 28 Aug – BFM 89.9 – Dating 101
- 16 Sep – 7 Qualities to Look out for in a Life Partner
- 24 Sep – 8 Types of Relationship you must avoid
- 7 Oct – 8 Character Flaws in a relationship
- 14 Oct -10 Essential Communications Skills and 5 Compatibility Time Bombs
- 23 Oct – NST Classified Ads – Ask the Expert
- 23 Oct – The Star – Cruising for Real Love
2. Hosting 200 friends for Walking with Dinosaurs
Walking with Dinosaurs is the most successful and money-making family entertainment theatrical production in the world. For the first time ever, it came to Singapore from 1-12 Dec for a 10-day 20-show performance. My company won the tender to manage the social media marketing platform. One of my deliverables was to raise social brand ambassadors. I was given 200 tickets for the very first show and I invited charities and brand ambassadors to be the first few people to watch it. The turnout was 4000 so I had 5% of the stadium on 1 Dec.
1. Successful Entrepreneur award 2010
Since receiving the Spirit of Enterprise award as an honoure in 2008, this is the 2nd business award I have received in the space of 3 years.