1. Who makes the biggest difference in your journey? Invite a mentor, hire a coach or form a mastermind group?
A Coach is responsible for your Performance. He is looking for results.
A Mentor is interested in YOU as a person. He is looking for relationship.
A mastermind group is interested in Raising Your Game. It looks for Strategic Alliance.
2. The most precious asset : Database is 2nd to your cash flow.
3. The longest wait : Between Sowing the reaping
4. The best business friend : The Media, no not social media
5. The toughest call : Moving on (new phase)
6. The hardest part : From Ideas to Implementation (creativity and innovation)
7. The easiest marketing : Personal Branding
I find it’s a great honor to be a professional member in Asia Professional Speakers – Singapore (APSS), which is an association whose membership is made up of subject experts who are already speaking and/or training professionally, and others who aspire to become professional speakers/trainers. At the same time, I am invited by the current President Shirley Taylor, which is also the first lady President of the Association to sit in the Ex-Co to serve as a Public Relations representative.
The objectives of the Association are to :
To grow, facilitate, encourage, develop and contribute to the community of speaking professionals in Singapore.
To improve the standard of professional speaking by developing speaking techniques and professionalism, and sharing experiences and expertise among members.
To provide opportunities for members to share their experiences and expertise with the community through seminars and public talks.
To help develop the professional speaking industry and the community of speakers in Asia.
As a professional body, it’s focus will be :
This refers to knowledge, skills and experience, with a particular emphasis on the application of this knowledge, these skills or experience.
This refers to the art of speaking and the use of powerful and persuasive presentations. It embodies the knowledge and skills of presenting and performing, as well as techniques for creating the proper setting for an effective presentation.
This refers to the skills needed to undertake a successful speaking business. It involves business management, sales and marketing, and the skills and techniques needed to generate income through speaking engagements and other revenue streams.
This refers to the principles or standards governing the conduct of the members of the speaking profession. It is the foundation and the summation of the three other competencies. It encompasses your reputation, character, integrity, honesty and the building of trust with all of your stakeholders.
My friend Yann did this video after I told him I appreciated his creative editing talents.
It was fun, more professional than most home-made videos and creative.
There are so many thoughts running through my mind after receiving this video…
1. We need to think and feel like a child at times when we get more creativity. Thinking out of the box requires certain humor at times. It’s good to be professional but the fun is gone if we are too serious for the sake of “looking too professional”
2. The video reminded me some natural talents I had when I was a child. Incidentally, I learned how to ride a bicycle almost instantaneously without anyone teaching me. The sense of balance was perfect at age 7. There are certain things in life we are naturally good at. Use it to the fullest. Some of them are discovered late but they are there for a reason, have we discover them?
3. We all have dreams when young to be someone great! I idolizes Bruce Lee in the early 70s and cried when he passed away. What influenced me wasn’t his fighting skills but his thought leadership which impacted the world in terms of extreme sports, dieting, art, and music. Most of the present thought leaders modeled Bruce’s philosophy of the “flow” or “way”. Are we still flowing with our dreams now that we are adults? Are we letting things come to us rather than going for it? Timing and shortest possible way is the foundation of Bruce Lee’s teaching
4. What did Yann see in me to relate it to a naked bicycle rider? Does he see me as someone really different? or does it shows the view of my world in his eyes. Only he can tell….but i enjoy the fun he brings to my life. Maybe I shall have my share of “revenge” in producing something similar for him