Remember the time in the late mid 80s where computers are taking over typewriters, and job advertisement of secretaries say “computer knowledge is preferred but not compulsory”? Then in the late 80s, computer knowledge became extremely important in securing well-paid and demanding jobs
Today we are in the same cross road for social media. It is not taking over our networking or communications with one another. Social Media merely offers a convergence of contents, conversation means and bringing different communities together through different technologies.
It is not just a new communication platform. It is not just an advertising tool. Social Media is a new way of life which eventually will affect our future way of doing business.
What will we be seeing in 2012 for social Media?
- It will form a bigger equation in the overall corporate communications strategy.
- More training will be needed for many staff of your company.
- Hiring the right talent with a balance of skills and Emotional Quotient will be a challenge for a Social Media Manager position.
- Social gaming will begin to take centre stage of many apps.
- Corporate social media in business strategy will enjoy some serious budget.
- Social networking will not focus just on size but its quality of network.
- Going global will be equal to going mobile.
Author : Andrew Chow can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.orgPin It