For simplicity, Enneagram Profiling System is the identification of personality using 9 types. Each type has their characteristics in secure and stressed situation. To catch a glimpse of the personality of your social media friends and connection, the following article should give you some valuable insights. When you finally meet them one day, you will know how to build rapport with them as if you have known them for a while.
How to recognise the different Enneagram personality type on Social Media?
- Perfectionist is realistic, conscientious, and principled. They strive to live up to their high ideals. Being self-disciplined and working hard are his strength . He is someone who uses strong words in making his points. His tone often comes across as being constantly unhappy. To him there is no compromise, when you make a mistake on social media, be it spelling or factual, he will be the first one to correct you. His comments on your posting will always have the last word. He often makes complete sentences with almost no grammatical errors. Most of their comments will be found in blogs of thought leadership . Perfectionists strive to bring out the best in others in his network
- Giver is warm, concerned, nurturing, and sensitive to other people’s needs. He can relate easily to people and to make friends. He is the first one to offer an answer whenever you ask for help in Quora and Linkedin. Often he will give you more than one option and eager to connect you with is network. He will have a hard time saying NO and often overload himself with too many requests from others. He is often seen to be in everywhere. They are often administrators of groups and pages. They make the best brand ambassadors as they love to share as many interesting stories as possible on Facebook and mention many others on Twitter. Once they are convinced you are taking advantage of them, they will distance themselves from you almost immediately.
- Achiever is energetic, optimistic, self-assured and goal-oriented. They are able to recover from setback quickly and be driven again. They have no problem motivating you in life. Everything about their profiles is neat and glamorous. You will hardly find a picture of them in less flattering poses. Usually the most inspiring, you will find many photo of him alone at their best in event, meetings, award ceremonies and achievement. They know how to market themselves very well through status update and seldom share about their personal life. All pictures and sharing are carefully selected because they are very image conscious. Their profiles are always full of information about what they are doing and not what they are enjoying.
- Individualist have sensitive feelings and are warm and perceptive. He is often creative and has ability to find meaning in life. Being perceptive and sensitive, they are able to pick up your feeling easily. They often share things few would understand. There’s seldom regular update on their social network profiles. Sometimes you see their postings in spurts and you can observe long period of silence. Often they are seen as loners, living in a world of their own. They are often the most creative in sparking off a discussion. Often they are sensitive and selfish in thinking about themselves first. The content they post may be very abstract, and they connect only with those who are like minded.
- Observers have a need for knowledge and are introverted, curious, analytical, and insightful. Mr Observer is able to stand back and view life objectively, very calm in a crisis. However, they are often seen as “slow” in showing their knowledge and insight to you. These people ask the most questions on social network but never really commit to any actions. They are very good in giving a current perspective of a situation in any discussion. Often they would attempt to share his personal view using neutral terms. You can expect the most one-liners from observers most of the time on their comments. They may sometimes ask a silly question but it is a good way to explore a discussion.
- Loyalists are responsible, trustworthy, and value loyalty to family, friends, groups, and causes. Their personalities range broadly from reserved and timid to outspoken and confrontational. They are usually the ones who “likes” your comments but rarely show up on your events. When approached to help out on social media platforms, they usually want to know everything about his roles, responsibilities and who else is helping out. Sugar coating a situation will not go well with the Loyalist, you need to be direct and clear when you communicate with them especially in Private Messages. Trust is very important for Loyalists accepting who they want as their friends or connection.
- Adventurers are energetic, lively, and optimistic. They want to contribute to the world. Optimistic and spontaneous, they are usually outspoken. They are usually the ones who share all the fun videos on Youtube. They seldom finish what they started probably due to lack of focus. They like to be everywhere as long as there is a lot of fun. Conversation with them is hardly engaging. They tend to be inspiring by using excessive exclamation marks , repeating certain words and using CAPITAL letters. Variety and having options are vital to adventurers on social media. Adventurers may have many followers but have trouble developing meaningful relationship.
- Leaders or Asserters are direct, self-reliant, self-confident, and protective. They always take charge and meet challenges head on. He may be extremely protective over you while being straightforward and honest. Often they will make “in your face” comments and feedback to your posting. They are unlikely to ask for opinion or feedback. Usually, they will be the champions, asking people to join them in events or other social initiatives. To others who do not really know them on social media, they may come across as being very judgemental and extremely impatient. You feel they are talking over you than talking with you.
- Peacemakers are receptive, good-natured, and supportive. They seek union with others and the world around them. Often non judgemental and very concerned about others around him. Has ability to see your side of the argument most of the time. However, they are confused about what they really want and often feel they are not being taken seriously. In a heated discussion, they are often the ones trying to make peace and claim everyone down. They are often pre-occupied with making everyone in his network happy by speaking for everyone else. Strangely, they are also the ones who miss out the big picture and the last one to know what is really going on. Usually they have the most friends because almost everyone likes a peace maker on social media.