Thought leader is business jargon for an entity that is recognized for having innovative ideas.
The term was coined in 1994, by Joel Kurtzman, editor-in-chief of the Booz, Allen & Hamilton magazine, Strategy & Business. “Thought leader” was used to designate interview subjects for that magazine who had business ideas that merited attention
How to leverage on social media to elevate youur thought leadership status?
1. Streamline Your Content. My forte is in Brand Communications, Social Media Strategy, Public Relations, Personal Branding and Creativity. I make sure I choose sites which can position myself best in respective domains. Keywords must be planned carefully to ensure your come on top within your competition. Prepare a posting schedule to avoid over-crowding of information within a short time.
2. Select Your platforms. Choose platforms for article directories with good page ranking and Alexa. If you have many presentation on different topics of your forte, Slideshare is a great platform. Twitter is a must for anyone with great inspiration to share every time.
3. Share Your Knowledge. My own experience is the best user-generated content I can put up to enrich accelerated learning among my followers and peers. Knowledge is everywhere, why not present them your own way to establish yourself as a though leader? Conduct quality survey regular to keep abreast of latest trend within your market.
4. Simplify Your Conversation. Gone are the days where we engage in length and senseless discussion on forums. Use Twitter and learn to comment within 140 characters. We need to think, speak and listen “140″ in social media age. Typically, if you cannot think of saying your Personal Mission Statement in 7 words, you lack a strong personal branding online.
5. Sell Your Expertise. 80% of our forte would be knowledge and 20% would be our expertise. Make others want your expertise after you have shared your knowledge. Customize the knowledge to their problem with unique solution is always a sure way to sell. Selling your expertise through electronic newsletter is acceptable as long as it happens once every 5 times.
6. Support Your Community. Be available in as many places as you can initially. You will not know where and who your potential customers will come from. Create a portal of sort to gather them in one place so that you can do targeted customer engagement in the future. A lot of marketers have no problem generating interest, but sustaining interest is another ball game altogether.Pin It